Sunday, February 19, 2012

How to browse INFORMATION_SCHEMA in Enterprise Manager

Dear all,
I try to (select * from information_schema.columns). It
works ok in query analyzer. But how can I access the information_schema
tables in Enterprise Manager? I try to browse all database, but I
cannot located where is information_schema located in? i.e. Which
database the information_schema is located in that I can browse in
Enterprise Manager?
ThanksI assume you are on 2000? These views only physically exists in the master d
atabase, so unless it is
master you want to look at, EM won't work. Use Query Analyzer and type your
queries instead.
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"hon123456" <peterhon321@.yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message
news:1145342246.110319.286500@.u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
> Dear all,
> I try to (select * from information_schema.columns). It
> works ok in query analyzer. But how can I access the information_schema
> tables in Enterprise Manager? I try to browse all database, but I
> cannot located where is information_schema located in? i.e. Which
> database the information_schema is located in that I can browse in
> Enterprise Manager?
> Thanks
>

No comments:

Post a Comment