Friday, February 24, 2012

how to build properly

Hi,

I'm very new in SSIS. I've created 3 packages in the project. sometimes when i modified the project and save/save-all it, when i tried to build (isn't this used to deploy?), I am being asked by this:

Package 1 has been modified outside the source editor. Do you want to reload it?

When I press on yes, all my modifications were not save. If i answered no, the build process stops. i dunno if this is because the build process is already finished or it was terminated because i chose 'NO'. When i tried to rebuild it again, it will ask me the same question.

What is the proper way to save and build the project? When it says ' do you want to reload it?', does it mean reloading the old copy before modification?

Thanks!

cherrie

Yes, reloading means loading the version from outside VS - and that will not be the version you are editing in VS, so you lose changes.

I wonder if you have more than copy open? Or do you have some other process such as backup or offline file synchronization which may be touching the files while they are open?

You can work round the problem by not reloading the file when you get this message.

Donald

|||

Ic. Thanks a lot!

cherrie

No comments:

Post a Comment